Whenever we work in sports, be it as a volunteer or a professional, the top priorities are the day to day work. We don’t start with planning the long term policy, and analyze our insurances or possible risks our athletes and coaches, or do we? But if we just stop and think about the possible risks, I am sure that we can think of situations that need our attention!
Listen to this 24 min audio where Katherine Nohr explains the 3 elements of risk management:
- Risk assessment
- Risk control
- Risk financing
I also ask her in the end the following questions:
- What is the most common mistake, made by sport organizations who are attending risk management?
- How much time do we need to dedicate to risk management in sports?
- Do we need to consider the use of doping as a risk management issue?
- How do we manage aggressive behavior in sports?
- Can sport organizations refuse to take responsibility for certain situations?
You can get more information on the book on AMAZON.com
Or visit the website of Mrs. Katherine Nohr http://nohrsports.com/