In order to create an online platform to exchange information between our readers, we’ve started with interviews with our readers.
They all work in sports, and therefore have experience to share with all of us.
Name: Nahid Karimi
Function within your sport organization: Project Officer Development for Olympic Solidarity Programs
Current employer: Olympic Committee of Iran
Most practiced male sport for men: Football
for women:Martial Art,s Shooting, Archery and Football
1.How did you come involved in your sport organization, and what kind of tasks/functions do you have?
I got involved by my husband at first about 16 years ago. I worked in different NOC’s departments and for the past 12 years I have been working in Olympic Solidarity department.
2. What is the biggest challenge you currently have?
Changing the sports managerial positions repeatedly within a short period of time.
3. People often underestimate being a volunteer working in sports management. What do you think are the most important characteristics for a volunteer responsible for sports administration?
Necessary knowledge about that specific field in sport as well as enough motivation and interest.
4. Does your sport organization make use of facebook, social media and websites ?
We make use of social media and websites. Our public relations department is mainly involved. Our websites is linked with major sport bodies of the country.
5. Do you have any favorite sport management resources (books, films, magazines or websites?)
Yes, books, films, and websites. We have a rich Sport Library in the National Olympic Academy of IR.IRAN
6. What is your most memorable moment in Sports?
When I conducted an O.S. Sport Administration Course for NOC’s Tajikistan 1999.
7. How do companies and potential sponsors see your sport? And how does this affect your approach towards them?
They don’t have great interest to cooperate with us, because we have not made enough effort to present our products. We shall raise our knowledge in marketing and try harder to make known the values and benefits of our OSO.
8. What do you consider as biggest threat for your sport, and why?
Putting the sports officials who are not aware of sport management in key managerial position.
9. Where do you see your sport in 10 years? Will you still be part of the organization?
Considering the large number of knowledgeable interested persons who are active in sport area in our country, we can anticipate a bright future. Yes, I still be part of the organization
10. What else would you like to share with the online readers of www.sportmanagement.cc ?
I believe that threats and short-comings will often give rise to greater effort by those interested individual in sport this issue was experienced in women sport of our country.